Time for another 24in48 readathon. It's so nice when the date gets announced months in advance and then you realize you're free the entire weekend and can blissfully participate without any guilt :) I've already gotten about an hour of reading in so far today but I want to get back at it so without further ado... My intro survey:
- Where in the world are you reading from this weekend? Same as always - from my house in Southwestern Ontario in Canada. I often read up in our finished attic but we're suffering a pretty big heat wave right now so while it's somewhat cool right now, I think I'll have to relocate to the main floor by late morning.
- Have you done the 24in48 readathon before? Yes, this is my third time.
- Where did you hear about the readathon? I initially heard about it via a tweet from someone I follow but I now follow 24in48 on Twitter and subscribe to the blog's RSS feed.
- What book are you most excited about reading this weekend? The Year Of Yes by Shonda Rhimes, I think... It's my audio pick for the weekend and the book I already started this morning. I've heard amazing things about it and so far, I'm really enjoying it.
- Tell us something about yourself. Oh, I never know what to put here... I'm travelling to Iceland in September to drive the ring road so if anyone has restaurant suggestions, pass them on!
- Remind us where to find you online this weekend. Well, I'll be here when it's time to update progress and I'll be on twitter, instagram, and litsy as janeycanuck in all places.
- Started Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes (1 hour, 50 minutes)
- Progress on The Irrational Bundle by Dan Ariely (3 hours, 55 minutes)
- Finished Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler (2 hours, 20 minutes)