Wow, time flies... It's time for the mid-event survey already!
1. What are you reading right now?
Donna Leon's A Fatal Remedy - it's one of the Brunetti mysteries and I'm really enjoying it.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I've finished one and am halfway through another.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I think I might start a Gillian Flynn book. I recently read Gone Girl and loved it so I bought her other two. I think I'll start on the shorter one tonight.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really - just avoided making plans for the day. Which is a challenge - it's a weekend that I typically make plans for.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I've really only had two. One is named Amy, the other is named Katy. Crap, they're probably going to draw on my face if I fall asleep now.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Nothing, really. It's going about as I expected.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really. I'm pretty disengaged from the whole thing. I check the blog every couple of hours but I'm not really doing any of the challenges, I'm just focusing on reading.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Again, nothing really.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Well, I've had two naps already so....
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Read with people! It's way more fun. Though you get way less read.
Okay, now back to reading. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to finish this book by 10pm or so!